What is Ionic Framework?
Ionic framework is a complete Open-source SDK for hybrid mobile app development.
Ionic is used to build Hybrid mobile applications. Ionic has streamlined the development of multi-platform applications, bringing a classy feel to the space of hybrid apps.
Advantages of Ionic Framework:
- Cross-Platform App Development.
- Easy to adapt and learn.
- Quick development and time to market compared to native iOS/Android apps.
Some reasons to pick Ionic Framework for Mobile Apps:
- Open source and absolutely free: Ionic is open source, Reliable, Faster, and pretty stable and gives a native feel.
- Big and helpful community: As Ionic is built on top of popular technologies such as Cordova and Angular, it has a huge and active community.
- One code for all: Building native apps for both iOS and Android means investing a good amount of time learning two completely different languages. With Ionic, comes the flexibility of building cross-platform apps without any problem. It’s far easier to build high-end user interfaces with added functionalities and reuse the same code to build apps for different platforms. As the rewriting of code is not required, it saves a lot of time and effort.
- Easing testing: Mobile app testing is very much easier with Ionic. You could test in on a desktop browser or even perform simulator testing for both iOS and Android apps using Cordova commands. You can even do testing with a mobile browser or safari on iOS devices. You can even do remote debugging. You can even test the app directly as a native or hybrid app on the actual platform to get an actual idea of how the app would run.
Is it worth to create Applications using the Ionic Framework?
Ionic enables building a cross-platform app with Web technology. A single developer can build a cross-platform app using only one codebase. Summing up every point, it can be stated that by using the Ionic Framework we can save money, time and create fully functional, advanced mobile apps for multiple platforms and web simultaneously.